Thursday, October 25, 2007

Uh-oh

Dudes, I totally screwed myself: I have a work interview tonight with a prospective family. I really don't need a new family right now, but I got hooked because the 5-month old baby (!) is the grandson of a woman at church. I keep telling myself that the family's just looking for drop-in care for a few days in December, but it's still rough. Here's the thing, though--drop-ins usually morph into part-timers, and part-timers sometimes morph into full-timers. I have 2 kids who'll be moving in late spring/early summer, so I need to be thinking about adding a part- or full-time family to my roster for that time frame. Sigh. I just wish I had more energy for all this. But on the other hand, there's the possibility of another BABY! So exciting.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-oh! Good luck. Don't over-extend yourself!!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

An update: I totally loved the baby! He's super cute. I'm not sure it would be the best fit, though. I'll be honest about that when I talk with his folks tomorrow or the next day.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Angel The Alien said...

I used to do respite care for kids with special needs, and I totally know that feeling of having to go to an interview you agreed to go to, for a job you are wondering how you'll possibly manage to be able to do! Good luck!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home