Thursday, October 18, 2007

Meme fun

From Sster: Choose a word for each letter of your middle name (then you must tag other bloggers, one for each letter).

So alrighty then, here goes:

J is for jack o'lantern. Petunia's a master carver and I can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve for this Halloween. We're going out to western MA for pumpkins this weekend!

(I'm tagging JPP for this one because I think she might humor me and play along.)

O is for Olive. I have a slight hearing loss that's sometimes good for laughs, as in this scenario:

Petunia, several years ago, talking about the day after New Year's Day: I have all of Wednesday off. Isn't that great? I love Wednesday!

Clementine: What? Olive Wednesday? I've never heard of that. Is that some crazy Catholic holiday?

She puts up with a lot, doesn't she? But FYI--we now celebrate Olive Wednesday the first Wednesday after New Year's Day. We give each other olive-themed cards or small olive-y gifts. It's become an annual tradition.

(I don't care if it's cheating--I'm tagging Petunia because I want her to post again!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Hashbrown said...

I actually said "I have all of Wednesday off"

I will play along.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

So edited, Petunia.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will play!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I did mine. But it was hard! Your name is so freaking short it's just wrong.

5:20 PM  
Blogger J. Pannell said...

I love "Olive Wednesday." How cute. But Clementine, you missed the second meme!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home